If I settle early and I have continuing problems can I go back to ICBC?

by | Oct 31, 2018 | F.A.Q. | 0 comments

No. Once you settle with ICBC and have signed a release for your personal injury, you are not entitled to go back and claim additional compensation. Even where your injuries are worse than you originally anticipated and your recovery extends beyond what you, your doctor and your treatment providers had thought, if you have signed a release and accepted settlement funds from ICBC than you are not able to seek additional compensation.

To understand your rights, it is essential that you speak to a lawyer prior to making any decision with regard to ICBC.

Have you been recently injured?

Bob Bush and the staff of Bush and Company have been helping people who have been injured for twenty years. If you, a friend or family member have been injured in an accident and want a legal team that will represent your interests then Bush & Company can help. We care about you and your family and ensure that you have available to you the best resources in your community to assist in your recovery.

How long do I have?

Normally in British Columbia you must commence your accident within two years from the date of the motor vehicle accident. The time is much shorter if you are suing a municipality or an unidentified driver. In addition, you must provide a statement within 30 days of...

What if I am partially at fault for the accident?

Even if you are partially at fault for the accident you can still recover compensation from the other driver. The amount of the compensation will be reduced by what is called "contributory negligence". Bob Bush and the staff of Bush and Company have been helping...